IMPLEMENTATION OF THE INTERNATIONAL CODE OF MARKETING OF BREASTMILK SUBSTITUTES AND SUBSEQUENT
Overview of Code Monitoring
- What is the International Code ?
- The full Code
- Summary of WHA Resolutions adopted subsequent to the Code
- Understanding the International Code
- How breastfeeding is undermined
- Related international instruments
International Code Training Brochure(2016): Breastfeeding and the law? Monitoring company behaviour? Sponsorship of health professionals and conflicts of interest? What’s the connection to infant and young child health?
Monitoring the International Code and Resolutions is one of the tasks of all IBFAN groups.
International monitoring projects are coordinated by the International Code Documentation Centre which produces:
- Breaking the Rules, Stretching the Rules reports
- Alerts and legal briefings
- Focus papers on specific companies and issues
- Publications on the Code and Resolutions
- State of the Code by Country / Company
ICDC also conducts training for policy makers.
1. ICDC Code-Related News – linked to: http://www.ibfan-icdc.org/index.php/news/code-relate .
2. ICDC Monitoring – linked to: http://www.ibfan-icdc.org/index.php/monitoriz
The UK IBFAN group, Baby Milk Action, coodinates company campaigns such as the International Nestlé
Boycott and the Campaign for Ethical Marketing.
WHO has produced a new report entitled Country Implementation of the International Code of Marketing of Breast-milk Substitutes – Status Report 2011.(1)